|What We Do: |
The COVID-19 Immunity Task Force (ITF), funded by the Government of Canada, brings together university, hospital and public health expertise to map the scope of coronavirus infection in Canada over a two year period. The COVID-19 Task Force aims to catalyze, support, and, where appropriate and feasible, harmonize the design and rapid implementation of population-based studies that will generate reliable first estimates of SARS-CoV-2 immunity, overall and in priority populations across Canada. The ITF is supported by a secretariat and surveillance is a function of the secretariat. The surveillance will be captured through epidemiological studies supported by the ITF of human immunity to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Surveillance elements will include (please list). The main surveillance functions are to centralize, harmonize, store, and manage all of the epidemiological studies from all studies supported by the Task Force. We conduct research to improve the use of digital data for monitoring and improving population health.
Our database management program includes studies that:
1) Develop and evaluate novel diagnostic tests for detecting cases and outbreaks of COVID-19
2) Develop and evaluate novel testing strategies for identifying use cases for antibody testing
|In this position you will have the opportunity to work with a vibrant team of investigators, public health practitioners, clinicians, research staff, and software developers, all dedicated to conducting research that has immediate impact on improving population health. |
Under general direction of Dr. Matthew Cheng, lead of the ITF Diagnostics Working Group, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
1. Writes and submits ethics approval documents and manages participant registrations.
2. Directs the management and analysis of studies carried out by the ITF.
3. Coordinates large-scale research projects across national and international settings.
4. Experience reviewing scientific papers and grant proposals.
5. Prepares reports for granting agencies, and manuscripts for publications.
6. Creates presentations for conferences, seminars, and workshops.
7. Leads the preparation of literature review and manuscripts.
8. Mentors, trains and reviews the work of other research staff.
• For Research Associate – minimum requirement: Ph.D. + 5 years research experience
|Doctoral degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Virology, Microbiology, Immunology (or a related field) and experience working in applied health services research are required. Good understanding of study design and biostatistics. Research experience and familiarity involving laboratory is an asset.|
|OTHER QUALIFYING SKILLS & ABILITIES|
|Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytic skills, attention to detail, commitment to high quality work and the ability to work in a team are essential to this position. Must have strong organizational and priority setting skills, and be able to work autonomously in a complex, changing, deadline-oriented environment, as well as in a team setting. Demonstrated leadership potential and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities without supervision.|