SORRY, THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
|What We Do: |
The COVID-19 Immunity Task Force (ITF), funded by the Government of Canada, brings together university, hospital and public health expertise to map the scope of coronavirus infection in Canada over a two year period. The COVID-19 Task Force aims to catalyze, support, and, where appropriate and feasible, harmonize the design and rapid implementation of population-based studies that will generate reliable first estimates of SARS-CoV-2 immunity, overall and in priority populations across Canada.
The ITF is supported by a secretariat and ensures high scientific quality of epidemiological studies of human immunity to the SARS-CoV-2 virus supported by the ITF is a core function of the secretariat. The epidemiological studies will include cross-sectional and longitudinal studies of general and specified sub-populations of Canadians to assess the impact of COVID-19.
The Epidemiology/Study Methodology team of the ITF Secretariat will perform the follow activities:
1) Review study protocols of proposed epidemiological studies for their validity and feasibility and provide feedback to primary investigators;
2) Assist primary investigators in designing epidemiological studies and developing study protocols; and
3) Ensure the epidemiological studies supported by the ITF as a whole meet the ITF strategic priorities of research and contribute to national and international body of knowledge on human immunity to the SARS-Cov-2 virus
The successful applicant for this position will have the opportunity to work with a vibrant team of investigators, public health practitioners, clinicians, research staff, and software developers, all dedicated to conducting research and developing software that has immediate impact on improving population health.
Under general direction of Dr. Jonathan Chevrier, the lead of the ITF Epidemiology and Study Methodology Working Group, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
1. Writes and submits ethics approval documents and manages participant registrations.
2. Directs the management and analysis of data held in large databases.
3. Coordinates large-scale research projects across national and international settings.
4. Review scientific papers and grant proposals.
5. Prepares reports for granting agencies, and manuscripts for publications.
6. Creates presentations for conferences, seminars, and workshops.
7. Leads the preparation of literature review and manuscripts.
8. Mentors, trains and reviews the work of other research staff.
• For Research Associate – minimum requirement: Ph.D. + 5 years research experience
|Doctoral degree in epidemiology (or a related field) and experience working in applied epidemiology or health services research are required. Research experience involving the management of epidemiological studies, including large databases, is an asset.|
|OTHER QUALIFYING SKILLS & ABILITIES|
|Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytic skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a team are essential to this position. Must have strong organizational and priority setting skills, and be able to work autonomously in a complex, changing, deadline-oriented environment, as well as in a team setting. Demonstrated leadership potential and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities without supervision.|